Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Miso Tehini Glaze
Here’s a recipe for roasted sweet potatoes with a surprising glaze that is sure to become a regular in your repertoire. Try it on carrots, cauliflower or turnips, too. While roasting the potatoes brings out their sweetness, the miso deepens the savory nuttiness of the tehini. The undertones in this super simple recipe are more yummy umami than I expected!Use these as a side dish or a perfectly healthy salad topper.
Can’t say we didn’t warn ya. These are ADDICTIVE!
- 2 C. Diced and Peeled Sweet Potatoes
- 1-2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- 3 Tbs. White or Yellow Miso Paste
- 3 Tbs. Tehini
- 1 Tbs. Lemon Juice
- 3/4 C. Water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place diced sweet potatoes in a single layer on a sheet pan, and drizzle with olive oil and salt.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes. Carefully turn halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning.
- While the sweet potatoes roast, combine remaining ingredients to a saucepan and turn heat to medium-low.
- Whisk over low heat until smooth. Add a bit more water as needed.
- Drizzle potatoes with sauce before serving.
Roasted sweet potatoes become more interesting with this unexpectedly nutty and slightly salty glaze. The potatoes are great warm or at room temperature. Serve as a side dish or on top of a pile of greens to add interest to your salad.
These glazed sweet potato bites are great as leftovers.