Carrot Tagliatelle Satisfies Your Pasta (ish) Urge
If you thought you had to stay away from enjoying a big bowl of pasta because you’re trying to maintain a low-carb lifestyle, think again! Here we share our utterly delicious and incredibly healthy (yes healthy!) recipe for carrot tagliatelle with creamy chevre, peas and toasted pine nuts.
You can also add or substitute zucchini in this recipe.
If you don’t own a Japanese spiral slicer, you’ll need one for this recipe. You’ll be happy you bought it, as there are so many other fantastic recipes you can make with this slicer. Click here to buy one.
Carrot Tagliatelle with Chevre, Peas and Pine Nuts
This easy spiralized veggie pasta is creamy with just a small amount of goat cheese. Consider buying LOCAL goat cheese for it’s distinctive flavor. This dish is gluten-free and Dairy.
- 6 peeled carrots or 4 zucchini
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 C. crumbled goat cheese
- 6 basil leaves, julienned
- 1 C. frozen petit peas
- 1/4 C. toasted pine nuts
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Cut carrots on the slicer using the tagliatelle (widest) blade.
- Blanch in salted boiling water for 1 minute.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan on medium heat. Cook garlic for 1 minute until it begins to brown. Drain carrots and add to pan. Season with salt and pepper and add frozen peas.
- Continue cooking for 1 minute, add goat cheese, basil and pine nuts and stir until goat cheese is incorporated into the pasta.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.