The Museum was originally built as a private home in 1853. Robert Moffat Bruce, a wealthy textile merchant, bought the house and property in 1858 and then deeded them to the Town on Greenwich in 1908.
Bruce Museum is a regionally based, world-class institution highlighting art, science and natural history in more than a dozen changing exhibitions annually. The permanent galleries feature the natural sciences that encompass regional to global perspectives, consistently voted the “Best Museum” by area media.
Available for rental are the entrance rotunda and Bantle Lecture Gallery with state of the art audio-visual equipment and adjacent kitchen. The entire gallery floor including the above space and all art and science galleries.